The Greater Londonderry Business and Professional Women’s Association (BPW) will hold it’s annual Virginia Allan Young Careerist competition this April 10, 2013 at Janie’s Uncommon Cafe. The competition evaluates candidates and awards one winner a Career Award and a one-year membership to the BPW.
Criteria for eligible candidates states candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 35;
- Be employed/have been employed in business of the professions full time for one year in her/his career area;
- Live, work, train or study in the area of the BPW local organization and;
- Review and endorse the mission, vision and legislative platform of BPW Foundation.
During the competition, competitors will give a four minute speech on one of these topics:
- How will you use your experience in the Young Careerist Program to enhance/change your life or to influence others?
- How can BPW help working women achieve and maintain work/life balance?
- How can BPW help ensure that women-owned small businesses are treated fairly and get their share of government contracting work?
- What can BPW offer women leaving military service and/or what can women leaving military service offer BPW?
- How can you, as a BPW member, assist working women in educating and promoting our legislative issue of pay equity to the general public?
Judges will select a winner based on each candidate’s speech, a personal interview and a biographical statement outlining their accomplishments. The winner of the Young Careerist competition will be the recipient of a $500 Career Award and a one-year membership in Greater Londonderry Business & Professional Women’s Association, which includes membership in BPW/New Hampshire and BPW Foundation.
A completed Young Careerist Biographical Information Form must be postmarked by April 5, 2013. For more information contact Young Careerist Committee Co-Chair Bonnie Roberts at (603) 426-5438 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Competition packages and additional information on the organization is available at the website .