Londonderry Corn Maze Fun for All Ages

Elwood Orchards, located on Elwood Road in Londonderry, boasts the area’s largest corn maze. Now with its expanded size to more than twelve acres of corn, the maze is a great way to spend a few hours wandering with family and friends this fall.

A short trip from the Massachusetts border, straight up Interstate 93 to Exit 4, the orchard is a hidden jewel in southern New Hampshire. Featuring shell beans, apples, tomatoes and more, the farm is open from 8 AM, but “you gotta be outta the field by 6!”

The corn maze is open during the days now, but will be open night as well starting in October. What better way to start the spookiest month of the year with a moonlit corn maze? Dress warm, grab a flashlight, a group of friends, and head over to Elwood Farm. The maze will keep visitors entertained with its twists and turns and blind alleys. Visitors can ask for help at any time, as workers will gladly pull the lost from the maze.

For $9.00 per adult, friends and family can enjoy inexpensive laughs together in the corn maze at Elwood. Children 5 and under are free.

Share

Area’s Largest Corn Maze Now Open!

Elwood Orchards, located on Elwood Road in Londonderry, boasts the area’s largest corn maze. With an estimated twelve to fourteen acres of corn, the maze is a great way to spend a few hours wandering with family and friends this fall.

A short trip from the Massachusetts border, straight up Interstate 93 to Exit 4, the orchard is a hidden jewel in southern New Hampshire. Featuring shell beans, apples, tomatoes and more, the farm is open from 8 AM, but “you gotta be outta the field by 6!” (This according to Wayland Elwood.)

The corn maze is open during the days now, but will be open night as well starting in October. It will keep visitors entertained with its twists and turns and blind alleys. Visitors can ask for help at any time, as workers will gladly pull the lost from the maze.

We talked with Bill Elwood and asked a few questions on how they set up this mammoth maze.

How do you decide what the maze will look like?

“We plan the entire maze out on a sheet of graph paper. It’s a long winter in Londonderry, so we have lot’s of time to work in all the turns, and blind alleys.”

Do you plant the corn in the shape of a maze?

Bill Chuckled at this question. He did tell us how it is done but made us promise we would not tell anyone. “One thing I can say is the grid from the graph paper is transferred to the field so it matches the plan.”

What about the corn, do you feed it to the cows when you are done?

“We plant a variety of Corn for the maze that grows very tall and dense, it has worked great for us for since our first maze in 2005. After Halloween, we till the corn back into the ground to fertilize the maze for next year.”

For a low price, friends and family can enjoy inexpensive laughs together in the corn maze at Elwood. Children 5 and under are free.

Share

Corn Maze Growing and Open for Fun

Elwood Orchards, located on Elwood Road in Londonderry, boasts the area’s largest corn maze. Now with its expanded size to twelve acres of corn, the maze is a great way to spend a few hours wandering with family and friends this fall.

A short trip from the Massachusetts border, straight up Interstate 93 to Exit 4, the orchard is a hidden jewel in southern New Hampshire. Featuring shell beans, apples, tomatoes and more, the farm is open from 8 AM, but “you gotta be outta the field by 6!”

The corn maze is open during the days now, but will be open night as well starting in October. What better way to start the spookiest month of the year with a moonlit corn maze? Dress warm, grab a flashlight, a group of friends, and head over to Elwood Farm.  The maze will keep visitors entertained with its twists and turns and blind alleys. Visitors can ask for help at any time, as workers will gladly pull the lost from the maze.

For $8.00 per adult, friends and family can enjoy inexpensive laughs together in the corn maze at Elwood. Children 5 and under are free.

Share

Elwood Corn Maze Open Now, Don’t Miss Out!

Elwood Orchards, located on Elwood Road in Londonderry, boasts the area’s largest corn maze. With an estimated eight acres of corn, the maze is a great way to spend a few hours wandering with family and friends this fall.

A short trip from the Massachusetts border, straight up Interstate 93 to Exit 4, the orchard is a hidden jewel in southern New Hampshire. Featuring shell beans, apples, tomatoes and more, the farm is open from 8 AM, but “you gotta be outta the field by 6!” (This according to Wayland Elwood.)

The corn maze is open during the days now, but will be open night as well starting in October. It will keep visitors entertained with its twists and turns and blind alleys. Visitors can ask for help at any time, as workers will gladly pull the lost from the maze.

We talked with Bill Elwood and asked a few questions on how they set up this mammoth maze.

How do you decide what the maze will look like?

“We plan the entire maze out on a sheet of graph paper. It’s a long winter in Londonderry, so we have lot’s of time to work in all the turns, and blind alleys.”

Do you plant the corn in the shape of a maze?

Bill Chuckled at this question. He did tell us how it is done but made us promise we would not tell anyone. “One thing I can say is the grid from the graph paper is transferred to the field so it matches the plan.”

What about the corn, do you feed it to the cows when you are done?

“We plant a variety of Corn for the maze that grows very tall and dense, it has worked great for us for since our first maze in 2005. After Halloween, we till the corn back into the ground to fertilize the maze for next year.”

For a low price, friends and family can enjoy inexpensive laughs together in the corn maze at Elwood. Children 5 and under are free.

Share

Londonderry Corn Maze Open at Nights, Too!

What better way to start the spookiest month of the year than with a moonlit corn maze? Dress warm, grab a flashlight, a group of friends and head over to Elwood Farms this weekend. Now open at nights through the end of the month, the largest corn maze in southern New Hampshire will keep the laughter flowing for hours on end!

Even though Elwood opens the corn maze at nights for the first time, that doesn’t mean the weather will cooperate! Tonight, Saturday October 1, 2011, the weather is expected to be rainy with a low of 53°. There is about an 80% chance of rain tonight and winds are anticipated at about eight miles per hour. Sunday night’s weather is looking up, though, with only a 20% chance of rain, slight winds and temperatures as low as 50°.

A short trip from Boston, Salem, Nashua, Manchester, or Concord, Elwood truly is a hidden jewel in Southern New Hampshire. Along with the corn maze, Elwood offers pick-your-own apples, shell beans and tomatoes. Their farm stand features baked goodies, fresh veggies and fruit and more!

This photo is from 2005 when the maze was just 2 acres, now about eight acres!

Can’t find your way out of the blind alleys, twists and turns? Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Workers would be glad to come pull you out of the seven acre maze.

Watch this video to catch a glimpse of the maze! The video includes a special segment from Wayne Elwood on all the secrets on how a corn maze is made.

Find out more about Elwood Farm and the corn maze, as well as get directions, bylicking here.

Share

Area’s Largest Corn Maze Open Now

Elwood Orchards, located on Elwood Road in Londonderry, boasts the area’s largest corn maze. With an estimated eight acres of corn, the maze is a great way to spend a few hours wandering with family and friends this fall.

A short trip from the Massachusetts border, straight up Interstate 93 to Exit 4, the orchard is a hidden jewel in southern New Hampshire. Featuring shell beans, apples, tomatoes and more, the farm is open from 8 AM, but “you gotta be outta the field by 6!” (This according to Wayland Elwood.)

Elwood Farm features one of the area's largest corn mazes, open now! This image was shot in 2005 when the maze was only a small 2 acres!

Wayland, now in his 90′s, still runs the farm. Visitors can see him out in the field keeping varmint away from his prize corn.

The corn maze is open during the days now, but will be open night as well starting in October. It will keep visitors entertained with its twists and turns and blind alleys. Visitors can ask for help at any time, as workers will gladly pull the lost from the maze.

We talked with Bill Elwood and asked a few questions on how they set up this mammoth maze.

How do you decide what the maze will look like?

“We plan the entire maze out on a sheet of graph paper. It’s a long winter in Londonderry, so we have lot’s of time to work in all the turns, and blind alleys.”

Do you plant the corn in the shape of a maze?

Bill Chuckled at this question. He did tell us how it is done but made us promise we would not tell anyone. “One thing I can say is the grid from the graph paper is transferred to the field so it matches the plan.”

What about the corn, do you feed it to the cows when you are done?

“We plant a variety of Corn for the maze that grows very tall and dense, it has worked great for us for since our first maze in 2005. After Halloween, we till the corn back into the ground to fertilize the maze for next year.”

For the low price of only $7 per person, friends and family can enjoy inexpensive laughs together in the corn maze at Elwood. Children 5 and under are free.

Share