Actually called the Londonderry Drop Off Center, “the dump” will close this Saturday, November 19, 2011, at 4pm and will not reopen until April 2012. The date in April is determined after the thaw. The hours from April to November are 8am to 4pm, try not to show up right at 4pm, you still have to unload. You must bring a check, no cash is accepted. Only Londonderry residents are allowed to use the dump, regulars need no id, the guys get to know you. This transfer station is located off West Road, not too far from Route 102.
These items are free.
- Yards Waste: Leaves, branches, grass clippings. (Limit one 6-wheel dump truck of brush)
- Textiles: Any reusable item of clothing, draperies and linens for the Salvation Army
- Plastics: All rigid plastics with or without a recycling symbol, any size accepted. NO Styrofoam, plastic tarps, inflatable toys and floats or plastic wrap.
- Corrugated Cardboard: Packing boxes and other packaging cardboard, packed flat.
- Rechargeable Batteries: From camcorders, cell-phones, calculators, and laptops; please give to attendants.
- Automobile Batteries
- Fluorescent Bulbs: Unbroken
- Cell-phones: Please give to attendant.
These items are fee based on what you have and how much you bring.
- Scrap Metal: $5.00 per load – Aluminum, steel, brass, copper, and virtually any item made from metal will be recycled except those containing Freon.
NO propane tank – take to Benson’s Hardware.
NO air conditioners, refrigerators, dehumidifiers or any appliance using freon!
- Construction Debris: $24.00 per cubic yard, minimum $7 up to 55-gallon barrel
- Acceptable Items: Pressure treated lumber, fiberglass, cement, plastic piping, wiring, Sheetrock, lumber, and any other building materials.
- Not Acceptable Items – Railroad ties, asbestos, paint cans, gas cans, no liquids of any kind.
- Furniture: Large Item $14.00 each (sofa, tables, full mattresses etc.)
- Small Item $7.00 each (chair, twin mattresses, etc.)
- Carpet: $24.00 per cubic yard
- Tires: 4 Free with car registration, additional tires $2.00 without rim, $3.00 with rim.
- Electronics: $14.00 commercial size fax and copy machines; $7.00 each all other items. (no charge mice, keyboards, wiring)
- Overflow bags: $3.00 each (30-gallon overflow bags for curbside trash collection)
We have no “Dump” in Londonderry since we have free curbside pickup for residents included in our taxes. This curbside pickup has a extensive recycling program that is very flexible and aggressive for the region. Homeowners that recycle not only help the environment they reduce the tonnage that is picked up by the trash trucks. This keeps the cost down and affects the taxes on your home.